CAT5e (Category 5e) is an Ethernet Network Cable standard defined by the Electronic Industries Association / Telecommunications Industry Association (commonly known as EIA/TIA). CAT5e is the latest generation of Gigabit Ethernet technology and the most popular of all twisted and solid pair cables in use today.
This CAT6 Ethernet Cable contains four pairs of copper wire. It supports Fast Ethernet speeds up to 100 Mbps and Gigabit speeds up to 1000Mbps. As with all other types of twisted pair EIA/TIA cabling, CAT5e cable runs are limited to a maximum recommended run length of 100m (328 feet).
CAT5e Ethernet Cables are ideal for connecting your PC, Switches, Access Points, DVRs, Set Top Boxes, Gaming Consoles (PS3, Xbox 360 & Wii) and NAS Devices to your network. They are backwards compatible with Cat5.
- RJ45 CAT 5e: Transfers data at the speed of up to 100 Megabits per second (Mbps), 100mhz frequency
- UTP: Short for unshielded twisted pair consists of two unshielded wires twisted around each other, our CAT 5e cables are 8 core with 4 pairs of twisted wire
- 24AWG: Short for average wire gauge – relates to the thickness of the wires within the cable, the thicker the wires the more room for data to run through the cable. NOTE The thicker the wire the lower the AWG figure.
- Stranded – conductor form features multiple strands (7 strands within each core) of cable making the overall cable more flexible and easier to bend
- Fast feed system box, cable is secured in a strong & durable fast feed box for ease of use
- Lifetime cable warranty
- UTP CAT 5e Stranded EN & ISO/IEC Communication cable
- 4 Pairs 0.50mm CCA solid conductor (24AWG)
- Jacket material: PVC
- Colour: Grey
- Length: 305M
- RoHS & Reach Compliant